Friday, April 30, 2010

Ole` Chipotle`!

Ever feel like ugggh, what do I eat? I know I feel that way pretty much every afternoon. So today I just thought heck, why not just get something from out? Contemplated on soup from the nearby grocery store but didn't feel like it. I had to go buy some potatoes, onions etc and so just thought once I'm done shopping, I'll figure out what to eat. Drove by Chipotle and immediately I knew what I wanted to eat! A burrito bowl!

I prefer a burrito bowl to a proper burrito. The latter is just too heavy per me and I don't really like the idea of a mish-mash of rice, beans, meat, veggies, salsa etc etc wrapped up in a humongous tortilla. The tortilla gets all mushy and unappetizing. If they fried the tortilla with all that mish-mash inside, it'd probably taste better. But then, it would be way too greasy and with too many unnecessary calories (Hey, I too worry about those darn calories on and off!).

I entered the place and what timing! There was absolutely nobody in the line--- well, there was no line! It was a bit late for lunch actually and that explains why there was nobody there. Ordered the burrito bowl with chicken, black beans, corn salsa, pico-de-gallo & hot salsa over some rice and took some guacamole on the side. Notice I skipped the sour cream and the cheese? Paid the 8 bucks and I was outta there! Very fast, very convenient and pretty healthy too. Came back home, re-heated the food (I like my food nice and hot) and thoroughly enjoyed my late lunch.

The burrito bowl

Holy Guacamole(e)!!

No comments: