Friday, December 16, 2011

A Small Achievement!

I am so excited! My article got selected for publication in the Winter 2011, Volume 16, Number 3 edition of  "Education About Asia," and is out now! Well, this is only for the online version, but, for a first timer, this is pretty big! I wrote on FOOD- of course; specifically on Poha and its relation to Krishna.

Here goes my Vote of Thanks: 

  • I owe it first of all, to my brother, for giving me that much-needed push. Thanks, bro!
  • Next, I owe it to all those umpteen Amar Chitra Katha comics that I read back as a kid, that means- thanks to my folks for spending all their hard earned money on those comics- totally worthwhile, I must say! 
  • And of course, I owe it to EAA for accepting my article and putting it up in their Winter edition!!
Now, if you are interested, please do go check it out at:
http://www.asian-studies.org/EAA/Archives-06-11.htm

Click on the very first one on the right under Volume 16 (2011) and you should see it listed under the "Online Supplement." 



12 comments:

Srimani said...

Great work!!! Very proud of you my friend!!!

Dreamer said...

Thanks, Srimani! Glad you are my friend! :)

Anonymous said...

very good . Keep it up.

Dreamer said...

Thank you, Anonymous! :)

adibud34 said...

Great job!!! You can save the PDF as well - it appears to be freely available to view! Mmmm hmmmm!

Dreamer said...

@adibud- aah, is it? Well, they specifically asked me to put up the EAA link, not the article itself....

spartan said...

Awesome!! Congratulations on getting your article published - although I must nitpick on something - why did you exclude the Tamil word "aval" while explaining what it is called in Telugu and Kannada - Tsk! Tsk!

Jokes apart, I think what you are doing is wonderful!

Dreamer said...

@spartan- My bad! Totally agree- shudda put ALL the South Indian names! But they had a word limit! ;) Thanks a lot!! :)

Preetam said...

Wonderful!! Girl!!!!!
Hope you are having fun!!
Have a great holoday season to you and family...
Keep in touch ...have fun!
--Preetam

Dreamer said...

Thanks, Preetam! Happy Holidays to you and yours too! :)

Nagashree said...

congratulations Aparna, i recently stumbled on your blog and like it very much. I have been a long time visitor in the blog world and recently started my own food blog, visit when you get a chance

Nagashree

Dreamer said...

Hi Nagashree, thank you for your kind words! Just checked out your "Avarekaalu Kodubu." WOW! I'll follow your blog for sure! Thanks again! :)