Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birthday Loot!

March 20th happens to be not only the first day of Spring, but my birthday too! Go on, wish me a Happy Birthday! Blow those party horns now, will ya?! ;)

The husband (and the kids) got me an excellent gift this year- a  Mod Pizza gift card! I was so delighted! I don't remember screaming out this way when I got those gizmo gifts, or that salon gift card in the previous years.... this time, he nailed it! Ever since they opened Mod Pizza here in our neighborhood, pizza nights have never been the same. Mod pizza simply rocks! Their 10 signature pizzas are not your typical kind that you find in other pizza places, well, except for maybe the classic cheese, and perhaps the Mad Dog. They actually have legit (I'm using my kids' lingo now!) pesto for a topping! Check out their menu, and you'll see what I'm saying. The best part is that all their regular pizzas are just under 7 bucks, and you can choose whatever toppings you want.

So my birthday lunch today was a beautiful Tristan, topped with mozzarella, asiago, marinated roasted red peppers, mushrooms, and pesto. I also asked for red onions, black olives, artichokes, and grilled chicken. That's correct, a 9-topping pizza, all for under 7 bucks! Pretty sweet deal!

My birthday gift ;) 
The Tristan, with 4 extra toppings- yumm!
My next birthday gift came from my brother, and sister in law, and I will call this the ghost pepper gone wild! I don't think I will ever find the need to buy any more crazy hot sauces ever again!! Look at this collection! There is also a packet of dried crushed ghost pepper, that I transferred into a spice grinder, that came with it all. My eyes are still watering...... that is how strong this stuff is!!! What an overly thoughtful gift!!

Ghost Pepper Gone Wild!
Definitely a fantastic birthday loot for this crazy spice-loving foodie!

No comments: