Sunday, November 19, 2017

Daily Food Post #4: Masala Omelette

The Sunday morning masala omelette for breakfast has become a ritual of sorts around here. I am usually a pretty no-fuss kinda person when it comes to food, but in case of an omelette, I have certain specifications:

Specification #1: I like mine with everything please. Everything includes at least four of these- onion/green onion, tomato, green chilli, mushroom, ham, cilantro, spinach, broccoli (you read that right), corn, red chilli powder, and grated cheese, preferably sharp cheddar or pepper jack. Salt and pepper are the default ingredients of course.

Specification #2: I like mine to be browned up a bit, no very french yellow fluffy omelette for me, thank you very much. I am not French.

Specification #3: I like mine to be cooked in oil, not butter.

Specification #4: I don't really care whether or not you incorporate milk in the eggs while beating them. I absolutely don't see how milk contributes anything to a masala omelette.

Specification #4: When you add that cheese, please crisp it up.

Specification #5: Give it to me nice and hot.

The above specifications have been finally understood by my husband. And he is now able to make a decent omelette for me pretty much every Sunday. He makes it lovingly, and gives it to me exactly the way I want, while I sit on the couch, watching the birds outside the window.

This morning's omelette had green onion, green chilli, tomato, spinach, and pepper jack cheese. It was delicious!


Yummy Masala Omelette
 




No comments: