Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Food Post #207: And it's a Wrap

This year is almost over!! Just to wrap things up, here are my food highlights from this year:


1. January: Aam ki Sabzi or Raw Mango Relish





2. March: Salmon over Couscous, and Sautéed Veggies etc  Sunset Dinner Cruise





3. August: 

3.1. Outstanding Food (as ever!) in India!! India Trip 





3.2. Bitter Gourd "gojju"- delicious hot, sweet, and tangy preparation made with bitter gourd and spices. Bitter Gourd Gojju





4. November: 

4.1. Muhammara- delicious Mediterranean style dip made with roasted red bell peppers, walnuts, and pomegranate. Recipe for Muhammara





4.2. NOT Shrimp Vindaloo- shrimp in a delicious sauce made with poppy seeds, ginger, coconut, and other spices. Recipe





5. December: My very awesome "vegetarian" Lamb Curry. I think this is definitely My Dish of the Year. Lamb Curry without onions and garlic





So there, that's my food highlights for the year 2017. Let's see what I cook, and eat in the New Year! :)

Wait, I do want to end this post with a brilliant quote. This was uttered by my darling friend from school, Nanda. As with many such casual utterances, these words just came out. And man, was I amused!! Quick backdrop: we were both trying to encourage one another, and trying to lift up our spirits. You know, we too have had our share of heart breaks and heart aches..... and in trying to uplift one another, these brilliant words came out from her mouth: "We are ahead of time and human intelligence. That's why nobody understands us!" We both burst out laughing. Now that's some serious stuff.



  

No comments: