Monday, December 31, 2018

It’s a Wrap- 2018 highlights

It's the last day of 2018!! Calls for a look at some notable food(ie) highlights from the year.

Topmost food-related news: My baby boy, who is no longer a baby, but will always be my baby boy made pizza for me, from scratch!! And I mean from S C R A T C H- mixing, kneading, flying in air (okay, I don't know what they call it- you know when they toss the pizza dough up in the air and somehow continue to make it bigger in circumference ...), adding toppings on it, and then baking it. He even wrote, "To Mom," on the pizza box. It was delicious!!



Here are the three meals from January 1st 2018. Breakfast was an awesome omelet made by my hubby darling, and he actually did make me many delicious omelets over the span of the entire year- pretty much every Saturday and/Sunday. Yes! There's proof on my Instagram. Lunch was fettuccine alfredo from Pallino Pastaria, and then dinner was homemade yummy upma. I think that totally set a great start to the year.



I succeeded in growing some decent apples, as well as blueberries over summer and fall. I mean, it was a complete "farm to table to mouth to tummy" experience!



My hubby gave me a coffee mug (um, he got it for free at work, but still) that became my favorite coffee mug of 2018. Also made me realize that I am in reality such a geeky nerd. Wait, that is a word, right? But I mean, look at the mug- it's genius!



I ate sweet, ripe jackfruit this year! Was lucky enough to find it at the store, and picked it up. It was delicious. I was able to use the seeds too.



My hubs made a trip to Barcelona. Sadly I couldn't go, but he did send me some yummy pictures, including this squid ink paella that I'm dying to eat. Hopefully I can visit too at some point. He said it wasn't that great, but I think I'll try it first and then decide for myself.



I joined Quora, and was first kicked out because I named myself Guppy. Then I renamed myself Appi. The Quora bot didn't like that either. So then eventually I had to use my official name. I'm quite enjoying writing there. Though, there's a whole bunch of trolls there who sound super grumpy, and keep violating the whole BNBR (be nice be respectful) policy. But then there's a whole bunch of nice people too. All in all, it's been fun so far! I mostly write on food, of course.

My junglee maas, that was inspired by my Quora article on the Bollywood actor, Ranbir Kapoor (lol!):



We all made a lovely road trip to the geological wonder- Crater Lake in July. It was spectacular! Only thing, apparently it has scarred our children, especially our little girl (okay, yeah, she is not little anymore ... but will always be our little girl ...), for life- she hates road trips now. Anything more than a couple hours, she absolutely will not go, she announced the other day, when I happened to suggest that we all go on a nice long road trip next summer.



So there, that's pretty much it. Overall 2018 was pretty darn good. As a person too, I think I have made some progress. In fact, I might have finally attained adulthood. Hey, some of us are late bloomers! Funnily enough, it feels very good, this whole business of being an adult. Statements such as why am I looking for light everywhere, when it is right here, inside me- make complete sense to me now.

Oh, we went to Leavenworth last weekend after some 5-6 years!! It was marvelous. And we ate bratwurst, which was yummy. I ate the currywurst, with all the works. I also ate a nice warm pretzel with actual cheese dip, not the standard yellow colored stuff.




Adios 2018!!

No comments: