Monday, August 30, 2010

Drupe le Gourmet

Don't get all confused by the title- I was just trying to show off some of my Botany expertise there.........then again, I think it is an apt name for this lovely gourmet nutty delight.

Remember my nifty little recipe for peanuts (Peanut Maharaja)? Well, I have an equally nifty little recipe for almonds. Totally sticks to my policy of simple and quick and with the word GOURMET written all over it!

I take:

Almonds, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice (yep, that's it!)

My method: 
  1. I take the desired amount of almonds in a microwave safe bowl and run it in the m-wave for about 45 seconds to a minute, thereby toasting them.
  2. Give it a quick shake and then add salt per taste, red chilli powder (you could use black pepper, if you want) and a dash of lemon juice. Mix it all up with a spoon.
  3. Run it in the m-wave again for about 35-45 secs. Done! You have some very special and delicious gourmet almonds ready to eat!
Drupe le Gourmet

These almonds are perfect for a chilly late afternoon snack, toasty and crunchy and when they enter your mouth, they just explode with that lemony-salty-spicy zing. I suggest you go right ahead and try this today-- I promise you will love it!

No comments: