Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mexican Rice- my style

You know how sometimes you come back home right around lunch time and you are hungry like heck. You open the refrigerator, only to find drab leftovers. So then you consider take-out, but then again you re-think that option because you get into this whole "saving" mode and you don't want to spend 10 bucks on yourself. Of course, the very same weekend you go right ahead and spend 200 bucks on your Costco purchases........but hey, those are essentials! Anyway, so coming back to the lunch scenario. This happens with me on and off and so I came up with an excellent quick-fix for my lunch problem. I call it Myxican rice and it is super quick and super easy and I usually have all the ingredients, including leftover plain rice, for this wonderful lunch-fix.

I use:

A couple mushrooms, some frozen corn, hot salsa, plain rice, salt, pepper, some cheese (cheddar or pepper jack or whatever I have).

What I do:

1. I put in sliced mushrooms and some frozen corn into a microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle some salt & pepper on this and throw it in the m-wave for about a minute or two.

2. I then take the desired amount of rice and plonk in on top of the mushroom-corn mixture. M-wave this for another minute or two.

3. Spoon in a good amount of hot salsa over the rice and then mix it all up.

4. I finally take a thin slice of cheese and just tear it up into little bits and mix it into the above rice mix.

5. Heat up this final mixture in the m-wave for another minute to melt that cheese.

6. I add some extra hot sauce before eating. Delicious and oh-so-satisfying!


Corn, mushrooms, salt, pepper



Insanity Sauce, Salsa

Check out that warning! Love Insanity! ;) 



Yum-yum!! And so quick! 


I love this creation of mine. Takes me 5 minutes to whip up. And it totally satisfies my mid-day hunger!

No comments: