Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Skin Food

Towards the end of last year (2013), one fine morning, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was horrified to see 3 dark spots on my face. One has actually been there for a couple years now, and I just thought it was this lovely beauty spot that had suddenly emerged on my face, and was in fact quite pleased with it. Then I saw this new second spot, just around the corner of my right eye, sort of on my cheek bone, and another tiny one creeping up on the left side of my face, right where one would have their sideburn. That's when realization struck- these are not "beauty spots." These are AGE spots! To heck with "growing old gracefully!" I need to get rid of these notorious age spots ASAP!

After hearing my woeful tale, my very loving husband and children gave me THE perfect gift for Christmas. It sure was thoughtful, no doubt, but also an awakening of sorts. An awakening call that basically said, woman, start taking care of your skin!

Food for Aging Skin
I always tell my children to never look at outer appearances, for real beauty lies within. That is absolutely right, and I stick by it. BUT, if there are remedies for outer "flaws," hey, might as well use them. Double that whole beauty thing by being beautiful inside AND out!

I usually don't make new year resolutions, but this year, I guess I am on this mission to keep my skin looking nice and healthy, and free of blotches by as much as possible. As I am finishing this post, I am sipping on coconut water- that's right, great for the skin. Later, I think I'll cook some mushrooms for dinner, because the selenium in mushrooms is great for the skin.

Remember to keep yourselves fit by exercising, eating healthy, and if you are hanging on to the very last of your 30s, then I suggest you start investing in a couple of those anti-aging products- you might think that you have better things to worry about, but the fact is that most of us haven't reached that level of greatness, and we do tend to deviate towards being shallow when it comes to our appearance.  

Happy 2014 everybody!! ;)


No comments: